NBA Playoffs 2012

For all non-Boston, non-gambling sports chatter

Re: NBA Playoffs 2012

Postby jtk4 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:42 am

I do not know anyone who compares lebron to arod. Comparing baseball to basketball in terms of having one player make or break a team is retarded.

Also Lebron and the young black man that controlled the system is also crap. There have been many other examples of players who controlled the system more effectively (carmelo for example as he got himself traded to the team he wanted to go to) then Lebron who played out his contract and was a free agent. How is the best player int he league signing a contract as a free agent controlling the system? I think a lot had to do with how he did it (douche-like) and the fact he took the "easier" path (his choice to play with his friends) if he stayed with Cleveland or signed a big contract with NY or the Clippers there would not be as much hate towards him.

Miami in 6
jtk4
Alt-Tab Master

Postby Section 40 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:36 am

The Decision.
His big "Fuck You Cleveland" look at me moment.
He didn't want to be "the Man" any more and wanted to team up with what should have been his rivals. Pussy.
This is akin to Larry wanting to be traded to LA or Jordan signing with the Pistons.
Section 40
Alt-Tab Master

Postby DC » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:47 pm

Section 40 wrote:The Decision.
He didn't want to be "the Man" any more and wanted to team up with what should have been his rivals. Pussy.
This is akin to Larry wanting to be traded to LA or Jordan signing with the Pistons.

He is THE MAN in miami.. wade has even admitted it.. If lebron had two other hall of famers like Mchale and Parish or kareem and worthy like bird and magic on Cavs then I doubt he would have ever left .. Thats the funniest thing about this that most don't want to see.. Bird and Magic and even Jordan last 3 titles with pippen and rodman all played with 2 other hall of fame players.. Even now who on miami besides Wade is HOF? bosh? not likely...he is an all star but thats it.. So Lebron if he wins will still be winning with less talent then those guys had.. Miami was never clevelands rivals and neither was the Raptors.. Based on your celtic/laker and bulls/pistons analogy Lebron would have had to sign with the Celtics to make a just comparison.

Also if Lebron was in Miami and wade was in Cleveland it would have been wade who left and joined Lebron. Remember wade was a free agent as well. Florida has no state income tax. it has better weather, women, lifestyle when you got money then cleveland.. Miami has Pat Riley not Dan Gilbert.. Hell the whole Browns team left Cleveland .. Cleveland sucks.. Companies leave there all the time.. Its been called the armpit of the country.. The Decision was dumb as was his "not one not two" line and he has admitted he regrets that.. other fuckers beat women, use illegal substances, hell kobe likely raped a girl yet they never got as much hate... this is partially due to the 24/7 media cycle now but still.. I have always been a wade guy not lebron but the delusion of people is amazing. The REAL reason anyone outside of Cleveland hates Lebron especially in Boston, Chicago, NY is that him going to Miami diminished their teams chances of winning the title. Wade and lebron on their own kept losing to Bostons big 3 but once they joined together they have knocked them out twice.. Chicago and NY both thought they were getting him at one point and be in the position that miami is in now in the finals for the second straight year.. Nothing wrong with feeling that way..just wish people would admit it.

as for the arod comparison RA seemingly mentioned them together in his last post which is why I went into that comparison or lack of.
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby rearadmiral » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:05 am

jtk4 wrote:I do not know anyone who compares lebron to arod. Comparing baseball to basketball in terms of having one player make or break a team is retarded.

I meant it in a "monkey off your back" way and not an "I carried the team" way.
Last edited by rearadmiral on Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby rearadmiral » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:13 am

People don't like LeBron because of "The Decision", his utter lack of self-awareness (though that is improving), and that WWF rally, not because of potentially diminished title chances.

I don't know anybody that has an issue with him picking one of the nicest cities in the league over arguably the worst. And he's not a bad guy.

He made himself a lightning rod. No matter how much he "acknowledges his mistakes", people are still gonna crucify him. And he brought that on himself. To many sports fans, he represents all or much that is wrong with sports (me,me,me) whether it's true or not. He'll always have haters.
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby jtk4 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:57 pm

DC wrote:
Section 40 wrote:The Decision.

He is THE MAN in miami.. wade has even admitted it.. If lebron had two other hall of famers like Mchale and Parish or kareem and worthy like bird and magic on Cavs then I doubt he would have ever left .. Thats the funniest thing about this that most don't want to see.. Bird and Magic and even Jordan last 3 titles with pippen and rodman all played with 2 other hall of fame players.. Even now who on miami besides Wade is HOF? bosh? not likely...he is an all star but thats it.. So Lebron if he wins will still be winning with less talent then those guys had.. Miami was never clevelands rivals and neither was the Raptors.. Based on your celtic/laker and bulls/pistons analogy Lebron would have had to sign with the Celtics to make a just comparison.

Also if Lebron was in Miami and wade was in Cleveland it would have been wade who left and joined Lebron. Remember wade was a free agent as well. Florida has no state income tax. it has better weather, women, lifestyle when you got money then cleveland.. Miami has Pat Riley not Dan Gilbert.. Hell the whole Browns team left Cleveland .. Cleveland sucks.. Companies leave there all the time.. Its been called the armpit of the country.. The Decision was dumb as was his "not one not two" line and he has admitted he regrets that.. other fuckers beat women, use illegal substances, hell kobe likely raped a girl yet they never got as much hate... this is partially due to the 24/7 media cycle now but still.. I have always been a wade guy not lebron but the delusion of people is amazing. The REAL reason anyone outside of Cleveland hates Lebron especially in Boston, Chicago, NY is that him going to Miami diminished their teams chances of winning the title. Wade and lebron on their own kept losing to Bostons big 3 but once they joined together they have knocked them out twice.. Chicago and NY both thought they were getting him at one point and be in the position that miami is in now in the finals for the second straight year.. Nothing wrong with feeling that way..just wish people would admit it.

as for the arod comparison RA seemingly mentioned them together in his last post which is why I went into that comparison or lack of.

Oh yeah we all hate lebron because it diminished our chances of winning. What are you smoking? Get down your high horse. IF he made a small announcement that he was going to Miami it would not be as bad as it is for most people. If Kevin Durant leaves and goes to (pick a team) it would not be as bad. People hate lebron because he is Lebron and has come across as a giant douche.

I like Lebron as a player, I do not like his persona. Maybe he will get better as he gets older and matures. I
jtk4
Alt-Tab Master

Postby DC » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:28 pm

not on any high horse all the fuckers who can't get over a 24 or 25 year olds press conference 2 years later are ones on a high horse... How about manny and big papi fuckin cheats what they did is much worse in delivering sox that long awaited title.. same with petite arod in NY.. hell Lebron gets more hate then Bonds who WAS A BAD GUY and a cheat.. No one outside of cleveland should hold a grudge and no one outside of cleveland gave a flying fuck about that city before this... He took less money to win ... FACT .. He has less talent on his team in Miami then the legends he is compared to.. FACT

He might be a douche at times but hell Gronk can be a douche at times and i love that guy...They are young and rich .. I hope they have a lil ego. If anything he got bad advice from his friends from akron on decision who he kept close to him and let rep him despite his fame. The blame on the celebration should not be on him either it was not his idea.. That was the Heats ownership idea.. Miami is an awful sports city but a GREAT event city. They used that event to help in ticket sales and sold out season tix the next day. It was not meant to be on espn but for the teams fans like at a pep rally.. In the 80's we would have never saw it. So keep telling yourself chicago hates him cause he screwed cleveland instead of the fact they ended up with boozer instead of LBJ.. In NY they end up with Carmelo instead of LBJ.. and in Boston went from eliminating cavs and heat each year to being eliminated by the heat the last two..

2 more w's and this can all go away ... then again tebow replacing sanchez talk all fall will be even more annoying on the worldwide leader..
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby DC » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:54 pm

wow what a game .. might be my favorite heat win ever..def of big three era .. they are winning like the old school Zo Timmy heat teams I loved with defense, hustle plays...ro coming up with 25, battier tip off the jump, dwade stripping rebound from KD and blocking the 3 .. Lebron hitting that 3 was huge.. just getting back on court for a minute made a difference to the other guys.. they had doubt when he went off court at first.. only westbrook could have a killer game yet make some questionable decisions at end.. actually Brooks need to let those guys know only 5 seconds on shot clock off the jump and no need to foul.. was a 3 point game.. That play was a killer.. Where is james harden? he is a max player people say? 1 more to go .. something tells me it would be too easy to have lebrons story finish with 4 straight over Thunder.. like there should be one more moment of doubt after a home loss with the title on the line..or maybe this is all about erasing that narrative and changing choke to dominance with 4 in a row? can not wait till Thursday!
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby Mr. X » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:54 pm

DC wrote: hell Lebron gets more hate then Bonds who WAS A BAD GUY and a cheat..

sorry that's flat out wrong
The Orangemen are just a rock-solid, consistent winner that hasn't suffered a losing season since 1968-69.
Mr. X
Alt-Tab Master

Postby DC » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:59 pm

which part man?

That Bonds was/is a bad guy?

That Bonds was a cheat?

Or that Lebron get more hate then him?

Only one up for discussion is third one right?
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby lugnutz » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:36 am

I dont know about any of you but I loved the show a different world!
2011 Canning Bowl Beer Pong Champion!
lugnutz
I post a lot

Postby rearadmiral » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:37 pm

DC wrote:wow what a game .. might be my favorite heat win ever..def of big three era

Calling them "The Big 3" is a joke.
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby DC » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:00 pm

Your right it was .. should have said "Heatles"

Only big 3 is Larry, Kevin, Chief
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby DC » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:43 am

Wow it felt a lot like game 6 of the 08 finals last night when Boston closed out LA and the 4th qtr was really one big celebration. For a Heat fan last night and the past 7 games really could not have been scripted any better. This was the team that could NOT win close games, yet they did 3 times in the finals. This was the team that lacked the killer instinct, yet they saved their best performance for last night coming out from the start attacking. It was the all glitz and glamour team, yet won these finals by doing the little things and getting contributions each night from role players that were shit on (rightfully so) most of the year. Last night the Heat were the team Riles had envisioned.

LBJ was like bird/magic dominating the game even when he didn't score and getting everyone involved. Wade was effecient as could be with rebounds and blocks you don't usually see from the 2. Bosh once again came up huge and his presence really changed how KG and then Obaka could control the paint as they are used to. The key to theis series besides Lebron's dominance was in each game Miami got a performance from someone outside the Heatles that topped anything Okc 3rd guy delivered. The first 3 games it was Shane Battier, game 4 was Ro Chalmers, and last night old man Mike fricken Miller delivered. The team grew up and matured from last years mistakes . I think at times during these playoffs there was still doubt but after that LBJ game 6 at the Garden it kind of felt like it was thier time. As much as I hate the Celtics they have been beneficial to this Heat team because they showed Miami how hard and tough you have to play to win the title.

As RA mentioned in one of his tweets it was very cool how LBJ and Durant sought each other out at the end for a long embrace. It feels like this rivalry has a shot to be what stern and company had hoped Lebron and Kobe would be and what we have not scene since the 80's with Larry and Magic. Okc is not going anywhere with Harden and Obaka not a risk to go for 2 more seasons if they amnesty Perkins. Miami has everyone for at least 2 more years and if miller retires will have more money to play with as well. As Riley said "We expect to see them again" and to quote Nick Saban "This is not the end but the begining" of what could be a fantasic rivalry.

Sorry for the long post but its my final one of the season.. off to Miami Saturday for 5 days.. if the suddenly AWOL Tballer surfaces tell him to have a mojito on me.
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby AY » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:31 am

I watched more of this post season than I have in years. Actually, there were several years I didn't watch even a single post season game. I'll never get into regular season NBA again, but I could probably get into a nice little Heat/Thunder rivalry. I admit I was pulling for the Thunder, but only in the most casual fan of ways. Mainly I just like Durant. From what little NBA knowledge I have I would have to imagine the Bulls will remain in the conversation with a healthy Rose, and maybe the Clippers can finally become a regular challenger. One would have to assume Boston and LA will find a way to remain in the conversation as well. Is it possible the NBA could be headed towards another golden age?
"You stay bought into it when you see your opponent sucking air and physically failing, and you're still fit and ready, and you know you own his ass."
-Former Bama LB Cory Reamer on Coach Cochran's training program
AY
Not As Awesome as I think!

PreviousNext

Return to General Sports