Legalize it!

Typical El Presidente Random Thoughts type stuff

Legalize it!

Postby lugnutz » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:45 am

Been a lot in the news lately about the movement growing.

Members Of Congress Introduce First Federal Measure Since 1937 To Legalize The Adult Use Of Marijuana
June 23rd, 2011 By: Paul Armentano, NORML Deputy Director

House lawmakers introduced legislation in Congress today to end the federal criminalization of the personal use of marijuana.

The bipartisan measure – entitled the ‘Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2011’ and sponsored by Massachusetts Democrat Barney Frank and Texas Republican Ron Paul along with Reps. Cohen (D-TN), Conyers (D-MI), Polis (D-CO), and Lee (D-CA) – prohibits the federal government from prosecuting adults who use or possess marijuana by removing the plant and its primary psychoactive constituent, THC, from the five schedules of the United States Controlled Substances Act of 1970. Under present law, all varieties of the marijuana plant are defined as illicit Schedule I controlled substances, defined as possessing ‘a high potential for abuse,’ and ‘no currently accepted medical use in treatment.’

The ‘Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act’ seeks to federally deregulate the personal possession and use of marijuana by adults. It marks the first time that members of Congress have introduced legislation to eliminate the federal criminalization of marijuana since the passage of the Marihuana Tax Act of 1937.

Language in this Act mimics changes enacted by Congress to repeal the federal prohibition of alcohol. Passage of this measure would remove the existing conflict between federal law and the laws of those sixteen states that allow for the limited use of marijuana under a physicians’ supervision. It would also allow state governments that wish to fully legalize and regulate the responsible use, possession, production, and intrastate distribution of marijuana for all adults to be free to do so without federal interference. (To date, lawmakers in six states have introduced legislation to legalize and regulate the adult use of cannabis, and separate statewide initiative measures are planned for 2012 in several additional states.)

Speaking in support of the measure, NORML Executive Director Allen St. Pierre said, “The federal criminalization of marijuana has failed to reduce the public’s demand or access to cannabis, and it has imposed enormous fiscal and human costs upon the American people. It is time to end this failed public policy and to provide state governments with the freedom to enact alternative strategies — such as medicalization, decriminalization, and/or legalization — without running afoul of the federal law or the whims of the Department of Justice.”
2011 Canning Bowl Beer Pong Champion!
lugnutz
I post a lot

Re: Legalize it!

Postby B Luc » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:09 am

I don't partake, but I think it's absolutely stupid that adults can't legally smoke weed.
Whores til proven otherwise. And they so rarely do.
B Luc
I post a lot

Postby AY » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:52 am

B Luc wrote:I don't partake, but I think it's absolutely stupid that adults can't legally smoke weed.
"You stay bought into it when you see your opponent sucking air and physically failing, and you're still fit and ready, and you know you own his ass."
-Former Bama LB Cory Reamer on Coach Cochran's training program
AY
Not As Awesome as I think!

Postby 5TOOLER » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:26 pm

the war on drugs is a lost cause much like expos quest to get laid.
Us Kids Know.
5TOOLER
Fraud Central

Postby Mike22 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:48 pm

Great documentary:

Mike22
Serious Stoolie

Postby lugnutz » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:39 pm

CNBC right now

Should Marijuana ever be legal?
No
10%
Yes
83%
For medical reasons only
7%
Total Votes: 5978
lugnutz
I post a lot

Postby PhillyandBCEagles » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:04 am

B Luc wrote:I don't partake, but I think it's absolutely stupid that adults can't legally smoke weed.

Agree 100%
SS wrote:any event that makes PhillyBC look like a genius is nothing short of catastrophic and embarrassing.

CFB YTD 10-7-1
PhillyandBCEagles

Postby rearadmiral » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:19 pm

Mike22 wrote:Great documentary:

This one too:

“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby MCA » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:24 am

This topic = big yawn.

Never going ot happen and its not even really deterred anymore. Who cares.
Dress to Impress / Tropical Attire
MCA
Alt-Tab Master

Postby lugnutz » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:06 am

MCA wrote:This topic = big yawn.

Never going ot happen and its not even really deterred anymore. Who cares.

Maybe not in Mass.....but in other states you can and do still go to jail in a lot of cases.
lugnutz
I post a lot

Postby tballa55 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:11 pm

Went to the ER for food poisoning(it was bad) early this morning, asked the doctor for something for the pain thinking he would give me tylenol. He went on to tell me they usually don't give out anything for pain for food poisoning, but he'll see what he can do for me. Nurse comes back a few minutes later and says here's some morphine :shock: so of course i said i was still in pain the 8 hours i was there and got it 4 more times.

With Dr's willing to give out major opiates in cases where they shouldn't be given, i say fuck marijuana.
i'll hit you up mana-nahhhhhhhhhhhh
tballa55
Title Town

Postby B Luc » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:12 pm

Morphine is the shit.
Whores til proven otherwise. And they so rarely do.
B Luc
I post a lot

Postby rearadmiral » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:24 pm

tballa55 wrote:Went to the ER for food poisoning(it was bad) early this morning, asked the doctor for something for the pain thinking he would give me tylenol. He went on to tell me they usually don't give out anything for pain for food poisoning, but he'll see what he can do for me. Nurse comes back a few minutes later and says here's some morphine :shock: so of course i said i was still in pain the 8 hours i was there and got it 4 more times.

With Dr's willing to give out major opiates in cases where they shouldn't be given, i say fuck marijuana.

Ironically, marijuana likely would've helped you. It is the closest thing to a cure-all.
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby BS1 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:34 pm

I kinda miss the good ol days....

I think the last time i smoked up was about a yr ago on some fishing trip i think 8)
It is what it is......
BS1

Postby AY » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:01 pm

I've never touched the stuff. Well, I've touched it, just never smoked it(or ate it in a brownie or consumed it in any other form).
"You stay bought into it when you see your opponent sucking air and physically failing, and you're still fit and ready, and you know you own his ass."
-Former Bama LB Cory Reamer on Coach Cochran's training program
AY

Next

Return to Misc