2011-12 Defending Stanley Cup Champion Boston Bruins

Home of Champions

Re: 2011-12 Defending Stanley Cup Champion Boston Bruins

Postby DC » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:39 pm

I don't care if other cities would do the same ... still fucked up .. stay classy boston...

http://espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs/2012/st ... ggest-goal

I'm not saying this as a caps fan ... I consider myself from Boston not DC even though i live here now.. this bs just feeds into what every black friend I have in dc sees and thinks boston is like.. i realize a lot of it is just the internet age where people can say anything it just pisses me off i have to defend boston down here again against a reputation i feel is no longer valid!
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby B Luc » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:48 am

I wasn't the least bit surprised.
Whores til proven otherwise. And they so rarely do.
B Luc
I post a lot

Postby Mr. X » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:00 pm

still the most racist city north of the mason-dixon.
The Orangemen are just a rock-solid, consistent winner that hasn't suffered a losing season since 1968-69.
Mr. X
Alt-Tab Master

Postby rearadmiral » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:47 am

DC wrote:I don't care if other cities would do the same ... still fucked up .. stay classy boston...

I'm not saying this as a caps fan ... I consider myself from Boston not DC even though i live here now.. this bs just feeds into what every black friend I have in dc sees and thinks boston is like.. i realize a lot of it is just the internet age where people can say anything it just pisses me off i have to defend boston down here again against a reputation i feel is no longer valid!

Do your friends realize it was a bunch of dopey millenials? Not denying there are still clowns here (though the city has made major strides). But these were the supposedly enlightened "new generation" that grew up with more diversity than any other generation.

My take: because they grew up in last 20 years, where hip-hop culture is/was the dominant one, they've heard/sang that word so much, some of them are desensitized and deluded themselves into thinking it was 'cool' or somehow funny to write that stupid shit. I see it on Twitter all the time (spelled with an 'a', FWIW) and not necessarily in a hateful manner by white kids. Yes, parents are to blame in some cases. But this is the ugly underbelly of that word being part of mainstream culture.

I cringe when I hear white folks say, "they say it, why can't we?". Pick up a fucking history book.

One kid actually called Anson Carter "a cocksucking ------" in a direct @ reply. AC, god bless him, outed the kid to his college (ECSU).

X, I respectfully disagree. Based on my experiences, I'd put Boston on par with NYC and well below Philly. I was on a BP with a Philly crew a couple years back and felt like I was in a Southie/C'town bar in 1975. I felt extremely enlightened around them. That seldom happens.

Parts of the South are still 100X worse than Boston ever was.
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby lugnutz » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:03 am

Like most up here its hot air and drunken babble
2011 Canning Bowl Beer Pong Champion!
lugnutz
I post a lot

Postby DC » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:35 pm

rearadmiral wrote:
DC wrote:I don't care if other cities would do the same ... still fucked up .. stay classy boston...

Do your friends realize it was a bunch of dopey millenials? Not denying there are still clowns here (though the city has made major strides). But these were the supposedly enlightened "new generation" that grew up with more diversity than any other generation.

My take: because they grew up in last 20 years, where hip-hop culture is/was the dominant one, they've heard/sang that word so much, some of them are desensitized and deluded themselves into thinking it was 'cool' or somehow funny to write that stupid shit. I see it on Twitter all the time (spelled with an 'a', FWIW) and not necessarily in a hateful manner by white kids. Yes, parents are to blame in some cases. But this is the ugly underbelly of that word being part of mainstream culture.

I cringe when I hear white folks say, "they say it, why can't we?". Pick up a fucking history book.

One kid actually called Anson Carter "a cocksucking ------" in a direct @ reply. AC, god bless him, outed the kid to his college (ECSU).

X, I respectfully disagree. Based on my experiences, I'd put Boston on par with NYC and well below Philly. I was on a BP with a Philly crew a couple years back and felt like I was in a Southie/C'town bar in 1975. I felt extremely enlightened around them. That seldom happens.

Great article in Washington post today about a white mom calling up a local radio show.. she said its not a boston thing its a hockey culture thing.. I know this likely not sit well with you RA but she discussed even in DC (most prominent black city along with ATL) her husband who was black had to give up hockey becuase of taunts and comments about his color. Their son who is mixed wants to start playing and they fear for what he may go through.. I teach world history down here now at a high school and RA is right these kids toss the n word around so easily... It gets to the point that if I booted a kid from the classroom everytime it was mentioned I would have 1/2 a class.. not just the guys either.. I checked out those blogs though post game and this was not the hip hop N causual menaing.. it was an angry mean spirited one... Boston has made strides but lets not kid ourselves.. I have relatives who will vote for romney only to get the "black" guy out of DC. These are uneducated blue collar types who benefit zero from mitt and the 1% clubs proposals.. RA you are right though about the south.. As i was leaving the superdome following the BCS title game in New Orleans LSU fans were spewing the n word non stop when discussing jordan jefferson. Racism and bigotry is still very much alive in this country Lugz.
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby DC » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:35 pm

rearadmiral wrote:

Great article in Washington post today about a white mom calling up a local radio show.. she said its not a boston thing its a hockey culture thing.. I know this likely will not sit well with you RA but she discussed even in DC (most prominent black city along with ATL) her husband who was black had to give up hockey becuase of taunts and comments about his color. Their son who is mixed wants to start playing and they fear for what he may go through.. I teach world history down here now at a high school and RA is right these kids toss the n word around so easily... It gets to the point that if I booted a kid from the classroom everytime it was mentioned I would have 1/2 a class.. not just the guys either.. I checked out those blogs though post game and this was not the hip hop N casual meaning.. it was an angry mean spirited one... Boston has made strides but lets not kid ourselves.. I have relatives who will vote for romney only to get the "black" guy out of DC. These are uneducated blue collar types who benefit zero from mitt and the 1% clubs proposals.. RA you are right though about the south.. As i was leaving the superdome following the BCS title game in New Orleans LSU fans were spewing the n word non stop when discussing jordan jefferson. Racism and bigotry is still very much alive in this country Lugz.
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby rearadmiral » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:10 am

Just as many educated, white-collar folks want the black guy out too.

Most blue-collars vote Dem.

Regardless, this problem is never going away.
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby DC » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:53 am

rearadmiral wrote:Just as many educated, white-collar folks want the black guy out too.

think you mistook my point or I am yours.. White collar folks wanting him out I get.. mitt will save them $$$$.. blue collar folks don't benefit crap from Mitt and the GOP yet some of my relatives up there will still vote for the GOP just to get Obama out cause he is black..
DC
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby rearadmiral » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:51 pm

My point was that there are white-collar folks who will vote him out too, not for political reasons but because he's black.
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby B Luc » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:49 am

B Luc wrote:I wasn't the least bit surprised.
B Luc
I post a lot

Postby B Luc » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:11 am

rearadmiral wrote:Just as many educated, white-collar folks want the black guy out too.

Very true, but few will come out and say that the reason is because he's a black guy.
Yep. Which makes sense to a degree.
Correct...At least not for another 1,000 years when the human race has been decimated in numbers, and a long lineage of races came together to breed pretty much making a singl weird color. (think box of crayons melted together, and mixed in to a fine...something).

A former poster said that racism was essential over because Obama was elected. I don't know if it was sarcasm or his actual belief, but I laughed at that idea then as I do now.
B Luc
I post a lot

Postby tballa55 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:11 pm

DC wrote:Great article in Washington post today about a white mom calling up a local radio show.. she said its not a boston thing its a hockey culture thing..

110% correct, no offense to any hockey fans here but you guys must know that 80% of hockey fans are white trash. I didn't see any twitter posts calling Jeff Teague or the Ref the N word last night. Also didn't see any Rondo jersey's with "the black guy" on the back.

this jersey doesn't fly at any other sporting event other than hockey and nascar. Lets see if this guy has the balls to wear this to the 76er's game.

i'll hit you up mana-nahhhhhhhhhhhh
tballa55
Title Town

Previous

Return to Boston Sports