The land of the mortal lock and Poker

Re: Kentucky Derby

Postby rearadmiral » Wed May 11, 2011 6:52 am

Pokey Reese wrote:
Mr. X wrote:
UconnBuckeye wrote:Uncle Mo won't be running

LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

"My sodie's cold and my teef hurt."
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby Pokey Reese » Fri May 20, 2011 12:13 pm

I've never bet on horse racing before, know NOTHING about it, but i want to bet on the Preakness since I got a nice bankroll in my account right now. Who should I bet on?

VT you seem to know the ponies, your thoughts?
Pokey Reese
Stoolie 4 Life

Postby vtexposfan » Fri May 20, 2011 1:59 pm

I should have an analysis posted before I hit the hay tonight.
"and yes, an autistic kid is right." - MCA

"I didn't threaten your sister. It would be the time of her life. fucking unicorns would come out of the sky and start singing and shit." - B Luc to Basket
vtexposfan
Canton Stalker

Postby vtexposfan » Sat May 21, 2011 1:14 am

PREAKNESS STAKES:

A 19-horse race is not the be-all and end-all for gauging a horse's ability. DIALED IN's Kentucky Derby should be viewed as a mulligan, as it's difficult for any horse to outrun 18 horses after breaking last. Bottom line is that the resume is still there: Beyers on par with most of his 3 YO bretheren, an honest race against older males back in Miami in March, and that devastating closing kick. He gets his redemption today. DANCE CITY might be getting hot at the right time. Todd Pletcher has another 3-year old star in his barn, this one the 3rd place finisher in the Arkansas Derby behind Kentucky Derby participants Archarcharch and Nehro. Perhaps he and Ramon Dominguez can work out a well-timed stalking trip with some speed lined up to his inside. ANIMAL KINGDOM had as impressive a coming-out party as anybody, taking the first leg of the Triple Crown by 2 3/4 lengths two weeks ago. But let us not forget how mediocre this year's sophomore crop is. It's not that he can't repeat his last effort (his 103 Beyer Speed Figure is the best career mark in this field), it's just that the value may not be there.

"I didn't threaten your sister. It would be the time of her life. fucking unicorns would come out of the sky and start singing and shit." - B Luc to Basket
vtexposfan
Canton Stalker

Postby BS1 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:51 am

BUMP.....

wonder what VT is thinking on this one..

I will spend my obligatory $100 on the race....
It is what it is......
BS1
Not As Awesome as I think!

Postby rearadmiral » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:17 pm

Do it the track and not online/bookie if you like longshots.
“You’ve been waiting for it for a long time, but you got it. You wanted it, you got it. We’re bringing it home.’’
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby tballa55 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:27 pm

Barbaro across the board. and i'm gonna box him in a superfecta War Admiral, Seabiscuit, and Secretariat

haven't been to the track this year, no idea who's who
i'll hit you up mana-nahhhhhhhhhhhh
tballa55
Title Town

Postby BS1 » Thu May 03, 2012 9:48 am

derby prep starting today....yes, im dead at work
It is what it is......
BS1

Postby BS1 » Fri May 04, 2012 1:47 pm

Leaning towards these 4 horses

I'll Have another
Gemologist
Take Charge Indy
Daddy Nose Best

so in that case, bet any of the other horses...ha

I know VT is feverishly studying up as we speak...tick tock
It is what it is......
BS1

Postby BS1 » Fri May 04, 2012 2:12 pm

and I will also be playing 5-7-11(daughters day of birth) exactas and triples
It is what it is......
BS1

Postby rearadmiral » Fri May 04, 2012 6:07 pm

Could be a muddy track, shitload of longshots.

Possible major paydays tomorrow.
rearadmiral
I post a lot

Postby vtexposfan » Sat May 05, 2012 1:20 am

KENTUCKY DERBY

Twenty horses in the main body of the field, one also eligible...and a set of past performances that look like the Tokyo subway map to my tired eyes. The one race of the year where the people in my life seek me out for advice...and I'm lost. I'm utterly lost. BODEMEISTER appears to tower over his foes on paper. The 108 Beyer Speed Figure that he posted while romping in the Arkansas Derby is six points better than the next highest figure that anybody in the field has posted. He has proven himself against foes that not only wintered in Arkansas, but was also only narrowly beaten by today's foe Creative Cause at Santa Anita. His most recent workout took place over a muddy strip, and he looked fine. Even the silly intangibles that people applies to Kentucky Derbies, such as time spent in the starting gate, is favorable, as he draws from post number six. The only question will be what happens if several horses to his outside manage to wall him off. One of the toughest things to do at Churchill Downs is wear down a good leader in the stretch. However, I'LL HAVE ANOTHER might be up to that task. He was able to nose favorite Creative Cause in the Santa Anita Derby, a track that didn't lend itself to many nose finishes this winter. It's been a long time since the Los Angeles contingent has donned the roses, but if things break right for this Doug O'Neill trainee, he might get a good crack at the leaders. My only question is to why he had his final works at Hollywood Park and not over the local strip. Another prep that has not turned out key in many years is New York's Wood Memorial. But if a horse that didn't race at age 2 has a chance, anything's possible. GEMOLOGIST has proven that he can win with a variety of styles, either right up front, or from a couple of lengths off the pace. As Skip Bayless says of Tim Tebow, all he does is win. He's a perfect 5 for 5, and even owns a graded stakes victory over this very track. His trainer, Todd Pletcher, finally got off the Derby schneid in 2010 with his colt Super Saver. If Bodemeister gets shuffled, keep your eyes open for rider Javier Castellano's white and green silks.

vtexposfan
Canton Stalker

Postby tballa55 » Sat May 05, 2012 12:35 pm

4-5-10 box-tri

13-16-18 across

VT what ever happened to Jara?
i'll hit you up mana-nahhhhhhhhhhhh
tballa55
Title Town

Postby Mr. X » Sat May 05, 2012 4:50 pm

Here's my $20 donation

3 Take Charge Indy $10 to win
15 Gemologist $2 across the board
15-3 $2 Exacta
15 - 3 - 8 Creative Cause $2 Trifecta
The Orangemen are just a rock-solid, consistent winner that hasn't suffered a losing season since 1968-69.
Mr. X
Alt-Tab Master

Postby vtexposfan » Sun May 06, 2012 1:20 am

tballa55 wrote:VT what ever happened to Jara?

He's bounced all over the place since taking the 2006 BC Classic aboard Invasor. He's ridden in Chicago, Miami, New York, and New Jersey.

vtexposfan
Canton Stalker

PreviousNext

Return to Gambling/Poker